Owner James Holliday commented: "We are all absolutely delighted to have won the Visitor Economy Experience Award at the 2020 Broadland and South Norfolk Business Awards.
“Our ethos has always been to continually evolve, adapt and expand our luxury offer. This resolve has helped us through this challenging year for hospitality where the resilience of our staff and our new services including Takeaway Afternoon Tea, have helped us to continue to weather the storm.
“This award win is such a boost to us so we can close 2020 on a brighter note, and look forward to more of a return to normality across our Hotel, Restaurant, Spa Treatment Rooms and Event Venue in 2021.”
The awards, organised by Broadland District Council and South Norfolk Council, celebrate the excellence, innovation and best practice shown by businesses across the combined area and are proudly supported by Radio Norwich.
The Visitor Economy Experience category, sponsored by Adnams, celebrates customer focused businesses.
The Judges were impressed with:
- the all year-round visitor destination experience
- the team embracing the local businesses and wider community.
- - Promotional activity as a luxury visitor destination including our work with the English National Park Experience Collection, our Norfolk Photography Tour Experience package, and our strong relationships with local networks including Visit Norwich, Visit Norfolk and the Norfolk Chamber of Commerce
- - Evidence of positive feedback from satisfied customers and visitors including recent customer reviews from TripAdvisor and Facebook
- - Our innovative approach to enhance the visitor experience including welcome packs for room guests with fresh homemade brownies on arrival, to bespoke spa treatments, anniversary and birthday cards and dessert slates, and freshly made food for all dietary requirements
- - A significant increase in the number of visitors to the business following our ongoing investment and promotion
- - Evidence of a robust business plan to support continued growth to match customer expectations with the offering at The Norfolk Mead
Read about all the finalists at: https://www.broadland.gov.uk/businessawards/finalists